- You’re an adventurous couple who love the great outdoors Ski Safaris are an ideal choice for adventure lovers. Experience more than one resort during your ski honeymoon and tour between locations on some of the world’s most romantic mountain roads. Offering something very different from a standard ski trip, these multi-resort escapes offer the perfect honeymoon balance of stunning scenery, luxury accommodation and romance. ( Image by RichardDumoulin )
USA ski safaris in Yellowstone, California and Utah can be particularly special or, if you’d prefer to ski Canada, a Fairmont Rockies safari takes you to the stunning resorts of Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper, where you can stay in luxury accommodation and experience breath-taking drives through Banff National Park. If you’re tempted to go one step further and book a winter wedding, the Fairmont hotels of Banff Springs, Chateau Lake Louise and Jasper Park Lodge offer very tempting wedding packages.
- You love cities as well as snowSpend your honeymoon in the city as well as on the slopes by staying somewhere that’s within easy reach of a ski resort, like Vancouver or Innsbruck. City stays can be great value too, with luxury hotels costing as little as £100 per night, so a city-ski combination can work out to be excellent value. With five main ski areas on its doorstep, Innsbruck is one of the best placed cities in the world for a combined ski and city break. The old town’s colourful baroque buildings and famous Golden Roof are ridiculously romantic, and the Hungerburgbahn funicular can whisk you from the city centre to the slopes in a matter of minutes.
Alternatively, you could choose a city add-on and spend a week in the snow followed by a few days in an iconic world city – ski USA and you could book a Utah and Las Vegas or New York and Colorado honeymoon, so you can experience world-class skiing as well as an exciting city, all in the same holiday.
- You love mountains but want more than skiing
If a full week of skiing sounds more like hard work than a honeymoon, then book a longer stay and allow yourself to take it easy. Ten night holidays in North America can be exceptionally good value and you can enjoy guilt-free non-ski days, when you can go dog-sledding, snow-shoeing or spend lazy mornings enjoying breakfast in bed. Alternatively, how about booking an Iceland, Sweden or Canada ski trip and adding a Northern Lights excursion to your ski honeymoon?
- You can’t decide between snow and sun
Do you love skiing but your partner’s a beach bum? Or are you a couple who love both and can’t decide which to choose? If so, a ski and sun honeymoon is perfect for you pair. Whistler and Hawaii is one of the most popular combinations: carve your turns in world class Whistler before stretching-out on white sands and surfing the swell in Maui, Hawaii’s second largest island. You could even add a stopover in Vancouver to this trip and spend anything from a few hours to a couple of nights sight-seeing and shopping.
Colorado and the Caribbean make another good combination – imagine the romance of crystal clear waters, 25°C days and spectacular scuba-diving in Barbados, Antigua or Bermuda, as well as luxury skiing in the exclusive Colorado resorts of Aspen, Beaver Creek or Vail.
- You find log fires and snowflakes more romantic than beaches and barbeques
In our opinion, you can’t get much more romantic than curling up together by a crackling log fire, with a glass of wine or hot chocolate on hand, snowflakes falling outside and your private hot tub steaming away on a star-lit terrace.
To make sure that your dream holiday is exactly as you imagined, book a tailor-made ski honeymoon, so you make sure that nothing’s missed out. The intimate Raffls St Antoner Hof in St Anton is an excellent option, promising mouth-watering meals and roaring log fires; or the Matterhorn Focus in Zermatt is another top honeymoon retreat – expect views of the Matterhorn through floor to ceiling windows.
About the author: Tara Rogers is a professional travel writer for Ski Safari – tailor-made ski holiday specialists.
Featured Image by billypoole