Joy of traveling in Ireland is about absorbing lush scenery and the warming charm of the locals. Why would anyone choose to stay at an impersonal hotel? The intimate and home-like feeling of a bed and breakfast compliments a personal vacation, rather than leaving guests feeling that they just another source of money.
About The Bed And Breakfast
At The Claddagh Bed and Breakfast Waterford, Ireland, you will be warmly greeted by Miriam Corcoran and her family. During a stay, your host’s goal will be keeping you comfortable and feeling welcome. This gorgeous bed and breakfast was given a 3 star rating by Failte Ireland recently, and the award has been justified by hospitality and careful presentation.
You can enjoy home-style and modern comforts at the same time.
* Guest bedrooms include en suits, hot beverage facilities, satellite television, and hairdryers. Irons are also available.
* Rooms are large and well maintained, being located on the ground floor for easy access.
* Stay in touch with home and research places to visit via a wireless Internet service for all guests.
* A lovingly prepared selection of more traditional Irish breakfasts, as well as yogurt, cheeses and fresh fruits are provided. Forget about store bought because you can enjoy your share of homemade brown bread with meals.
* Do not worry about vehicles because they will be secured in a guest car park.
Location and Surrounding Attractions
While staying at The Gladdagh, the city of Waterford will be only a short trip away, making it ideal for tourists wanting to explore the city but stay in comfort. Speaking of driving, golfing enthusiasts can travel just 500 metres and enjoy a game at The Waterford Golf Club. A 5 minute drive will also take visitors to Roslare, Dublin or Cork.
There is more to do than golf, though, and some nearby attractions include:
*Waterford Castle Golfing
*Tours of the city on foot
*Reginald’s Tower and The Viking Triangle
*Kilkenny Castle and Jerpoint Abbey
*Rock of Cashel
*Ballyhack/ Hook Head via ferry
What to Expect During Your Stay
While there is no end to the places to visit around the Gladdagh Bed And Breakfast, there is a great deal of charm to soak up when you return for a good night’s rest. While hotels generally possess a cold and mass-produced quality, the Gladdagh has a warm and traditional atmosphere, while still feeling clean and modern.
* From the outside, the building gives off the impression that you are arriving at the home of a life-long friend or family member. It is inviting but still professional in appearance.
* Guest rooms are thoughtfully decorated, with a uniform feel that is coupled with that home-like quality that is essential to any bed and breakfast.
* Bathroom facilities, attached to each bedroom, are hygienic and minimal, giving only what is needed and reducing unwelcome clutter so that you can do what needs to be done in harmony.
* The dining area is intimate, without seeming crowded. It is like being in a small family-owned restaurant – neat, welcoming and cosy all at once.
*Common areas are tidy, easy to navigate and create a pleasant atmosphere, so there will be no need to feel unwelcome out of your room.
The Gladdagh Bed and Breakfast answers the question of where to stay when seeking a personal touch for a vacation in Ireland, when you still want to be located next to big attractions and tourist destinations.